VEGAN CARAMEL BANANA WALNUT LOAF


Good morning nuggets! It is Monday! Yay! I hope we all enjoyed our weekend, and found time to ourselves, and made time for our families.
I really do wish that the weekends were a bit longer, but what can you do i guess (not that I get time off anyway).
Before I get into briefly describing this lush of a loaf ill just drop a line about what I got up to last night! I posted about hair growth, and a few tips to helping you get fuller, longer hair! I really hope you find it powerful, and helpful.  Go have a peak, and tell me what you think.  Enough about that thought, loaf time!!

Unfortunately I am only here for a few minutes to quickly introduce you all to this amazing loaf! I made it this weekend, and it has really come in handy!
I always have a piece in my purse for when I need that extra burst of energy without the added sugars and additives.
It is low glycemic so it will not cause you to crash after 30 minutes of consuming.  Super fuelling, and a great form of carb energy before the gym!

I topped it with berries, and that lovely Dark Chocolate Spread (all organic, 4 ingredients, and healthy!) that I got in Willow Park Village.  I will elaborate more of the purchases I made in that lovely Market Square soon – in another post – but until then I have to get going to a few meetings, appointments and gym!
Sorry I cannot say more, but this loaf sort of speaks for itself! VEGAN, DAIRY FREE, and DELICIOUS!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess

INGREDIENTS

  • Chia Egg:
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 6 tbsp warm water
  • Dry:
  • 1½ cups of spelt flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • ¾ tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • ¼ tsp. cinnamon
  • Wet:
  • 2 tbsp coconut nectar (vanilla flavoured is really good too, but then don’t use vanilla)
  • 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce – homemade if you can
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1½ cups mashed banana
  • Additions:
  • 2 tbsp vegan caramel chunks
  • 1/4 walnuts pieces

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Prehead over to 375C
  2. Line a bread tin with parchment and grease with coconut oil spray, set aside
  3. Prepare chia egg by adding chia seeds and warm water to a bowl, set aside for 10 minutes
  4. Shift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl – done to avoid clumps
  5. Once the chia egg is ready combine all wet ingredient into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir well
  6. Create a well in the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients
  7. Stir till combined, but do not over stir
  8. Add caramel, and walnuts and give one final stir!
  9. Plop it into the bread tin and bake for 35 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test it is needs longer that 35 minutes!

Related Posts